August 20, 2013

Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies


I've seen a lot of browned butter called for in recipes lately, and I finally thought I would try a recipe.  Why have I not done this before???  When I mixed the brown butter with the sugars... Oh my word!  It smelled absolutely delightful - like caramel!  The dough also tasted really yummy too! 

You know I'm picky about my chocolate chip cookies, and these pass with FLYING COLORS!!  Delish!!!!!! 

Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Recipe from HERE

1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup loosely packed brown sugar
1 large egg
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup flour
3/4 cup oats (not quick-cook) (the second time I made these I put this in the food processor to make a powder)
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon (I don't use)
1 cup chocolate chunks (I use 1/2 c. chocolate chips)

Directions:

1.  In a small sauce pan, heat the butter, whisking constantly until browned. Remove the saucepan from heat and continue to whisk for an additional 30 seconds. Set aside and let the butter cool completely.

2.  In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and oats. Set aside.

3.  Once the butter has cooled, mix it with the two sugars until combined. Mix in the egg and vanilla. Add the flour mixture and chocolate chips and combine with hands until a dough forms.

4.  Roll dough into 1 1/2 inch balls then Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.

5.  Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Put balls of dough and place 2 inches apart on a prepared baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes, or until the edges and bottoms are golden brown.  (10 minutes!!  Remember they continue to cook on the pan!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...