Here is another dish for your Cinco de Mayo party!!
These were really yummy! However, next time I'm going to use ground beef instead of turkey. Usually I don't mind using turkey instead of beef, but in this recipe, I think beef would taste much better, though John liked the turkey. Either way, it's super yummy!
I made mini chimis using small flour tortillas.
Baked Turkey Chimichangas
Recipe from HERE
1. Brown meat. Add taco seasoning and stir. Add water and stir. Over med – low heat cook until liquid has reduced 2/3.
2. Add cumin, oregano, cilantro, chiles, tomatoes and green onions. Simmer until the rest of the liquid has evaporated.
3. Remove from heat and let cool 5 minutes. Stir in sour cream and 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese.
4. Brush both sides of tortilla with the melted butter. Spoon 1/6 th of filling into center of tortilla and fold like and envelope.
5. Put tortillas, seam-side down on a non-stick sheet pan. Spaced so they DO NOT touch. Bake 20 -25 minutes at 450 degrees or until golden and crisp. Sprinkle with cheese and return to oven to melt. Serve with the garnishes.