Good luck trying to eat just one of these... I couldn't stop! You could just make peanut butter rice krispy treats and drizzle chocolate over the top of these, but the cookies are just too cute. The original cookie uses a Hershey's kiss, but I would rather bite into melted chocolate. :) You could also use these for "nests" at Easter time and fill with mini chocolate eggs.
Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Thumb Print Cookie Recipe
Recipe from HERE
Makes 24 cookies
1/2 cup corn syrup
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter
2 cups Rice Krispies
1/2 c. milk chocolate chips
1. In a heavy large sauce pan, bring to a boil corn syrup and sugar; take off the burner.
2. Add peanut butter and quickly stir until smooth and creamy.
3. Add Rice Krispies and stir until completed incorporated with the peanut butter mixture.
4. Using a small to medium sized cookie scoop, scoop mixture onto waxed paper (I don't always use wax paper, the cookies come off any surface easily) and press down on the middle with your thumb. (Or immediately press a Hershey's chocolate kiss in the center).
5. Melt chocolate chips, and spoon a tiny bit in the center of each cookie. Or you could pipe in the chocolate centers as well.
Let cool completely before storing in an air tight container.