July 18, 2012

Chicken Quinoa Stew



So, this picture really doesn't do this recipe justice.  If you'd like to see a better picture, see where I got the recipe from HERE.  I took my picture a few days after I made it (it made a lot), so a lot of the liquid had been soaked up, my chicken was a bit more shredded, and I forgot to add the parsley...

This is a yummy, healthy recipe.   I didn't make any changes from the original recipe other than forgetting to add the parsley. 

I know it doesn't sound good on a 100 degree weather day, but I made this back in April.  So, store this recipe away for the fall.  :) 

Chicken Quinoa Stew Recipe

2 T extra virgin oil (I used a little less)
1 large onion, chopped
5 stalks celery, chopped
4 large carrots, peeled and sliced
2 Cups sweet pepper, chopped
1 large zucchini, quartered and sliced
64 oz chicken broth
15 oz can diced tomatoes
5 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, scrubbed and cubed into 1″ pieces (get the Yukon potatoes, it’s worth the extra few dollars)
3 cups cooked quinoa
4 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked, shredded and lightly seasoned with salt and pepper
2 T Dijon Mustard
1 T Hot Sauce
Kosher Salt, fresh cracked black pepper, Garlic Salt, and Parsley to taste
1 1/2 cups fresh parsley chopped


Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Saute onion, celery, carrots, peppers, and zucchini until softened. This takes about 5 minutes. Stir in chicken broth, tomatoes, and potatoes. Increase heat to high just until broth starts to boil Reduce to medium high and cook potatoes for 10 minutes or until fork tender. Reduce heat to low and stir in quinoa, chicken, dijon mustard, hot sauce. Season to taste with kosher salt, pepper, garlic salt. Stir in fresh parsley and simmer until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...