March 8, 2012

Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers


Oh my goodness, these were sooooooo good!!!! 

I've made stuffed peppers a lot, but I think this is my new favorite stuffed peppers recipe!!  I left some filling plain instead of putting it in the peppers and my kids ate that all up too!!!  Seriously delicious!

I cut this recipe out in 2008, but found it online for you HERE

I didn't even realize this was a slow cooker recipe until I was getting ready to put these in the oven...  Maybe next time I'll try cooking it the slow cooker way...

I changed the recipe quite a bit, and subbed quinoa for the brown rice, and it was soooo good!!!   If you are interested in the slow cooker version you just need to add water to the ingredients and see directions from original recipe, link above. 

I should have taken a picture of the filling.... sorry.

Let me just say this again, soooo good!!  :)

Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers Recipe

Ingredients

  • 6 large green peppers
  • 2 cups cooked quinoa
  • 1 can sweet corn
  • 1 small sweet onion, diced
  • 1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 3/4 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
  • 1 T dried basil
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1  1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 1/2 cup meatless spaghetti sauce
  • 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided

Directions

  • Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the quinoa, spaghetti sauce, corn, onion and beans. Stir in the Monterey Jack cheese, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Spoon into peppers. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
  • Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until peppers are tender.  I added monterey jack cheese at the end and let melt. 
  • Enjoy!
Baking tip:  If you don't have a lot of peppers to fill up a casserole dish, you can use a large muffin tin like I did here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...