February 20, 2012

Zuppa Toscana Copy Cat Recipe



Olive Garden has some pretty yummy soups, so I thought I'd try to figure out how to make the ones I like. 

This is the recipe for the Zuppa Toscana, and it is absolutely delicious!  The day  I made it, I ate it for lunch, dinner, and then for breakfast the next day, and then lunch again... you get the idea. 

I got the recipe HERE, and only changed the amount of spices I put in it, using red pepper, because I didn't have any crushed red peppers, etc. 

Zuppa Toscana Copy Cat Recipe

1 lb. ground Italian sausage
1/2 tsp. ground red pepper
1 large diced white onion
4 pieces of bacon diced
1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
10 c. water
5 cubes of chicken bouillon
1 c. heavy cream
1 lb diced russet potatoes (I left the skin on, and next time I'll add more...)
1/4 of a bunch of kale
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. salt

1.  Saute Italian sausage and red pepper in large pot.  Remove and drain the fat. 
2.  In the same pot, saute bacon pieces, onion, and garlic powder over medium low heat for approx. 15 minutes, or until onions are soft. 
3.  Add chicken bouillon and water to the pot and heat until it starts to boil. 
4.  Add the potatoes, and cook until soft, about half an hour.
5.  Add the cream and cook until thoroughly heated. 
6.  Stir in the sausage and kale, let all heat through and serve. 
7.  Enjoy!


Mmmmmm.... Just typing this up makes me want to eat it again... today! 


1 comment:

  1. A whole cup of cream!

    It's good with less, or I've even used milk instead.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...