January 10, 2011

Homemade Chicken Nuggets and French Fries

My son would eat at Chick-Fil-A every day if he could... so I found a recipe to make my own BAKED chicken nuggets to make my six year old happy. I cut this recipe out of a magazine, but you can find it here.


Cornmeal Oven-fried Chicken

1/2 c. dry breadcrumbs (I just used the Italian seasoned ones because that's what I had on hand)

1/2 c. cornmeal

1/3 c. grated Parmesan cheese

4 tsp. dried parsley flakes

3/4 tsp. garlic powder

1/2 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. pepper

1/2 tsp. onion powder

1/2 tsp. dried thyme

1/2 c. buttermilk

3 to 4 pounds of chicken breast, cut up

1 T. butter, melted

In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first 9 ingredients. Place buttermilk in a shallow bowl. Dip chicken in buttermilk, then add chicken to bag, a few pieces at a time, shake to coat.

Place on cookie sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375 for 10 minutes; drizzle with butter. Bake 30 minutes longer or until juices run clear.

I also made a honey mustard dipping sauce to go along with them.

Honey-Mustard Dipping Sauce

1/2 c. Djon mustard

1/4 c. mayonnaise

1/8 c. honey

Stir together all ingredients and chill.

I also made my own french fries by peeling and cutting potatoes. I then throw them in a plastic bag and pour a little olive oil to coat and then add seasoned salt. I bake them at at least 400 degrees. 450 if I'm in a hurry. The french fries in the above picture had a little too much olive oil and I like my french fries more crispy than that. (I must have been in a hurry to put dinner on the table that night.....)

This meal puts a smile on my six year olds face. Take that, Chick-Fil-A!

1 comment:

  1. And I got to eat this yummy meal! I will try to re-create it one of these days! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...